KIDTALK PARA NIÑOS PREESCOLARES CON RETRASO DE LENGUAJE
KidTalk For Preschoolers With Language Delay
This language intervention study is looking for toddlers with language delays between 27 to 30 months old. Study participation should last 18 months and will include: child assessments, parent handouts, toys, and books for both groups, as well as in-home intervention sessions for the treatment group.
We will ask you to:
- Complete forms and child assessments every 3 months over the 18-month period
- Participate in parent training for up to 66 sessions at your home (if in the treatment group)
27 to 30 month old children with a Language Delay who:
- do not have an Autism diagnosis
- use only English at home
- have a caregiver who can participate in parent training
- live within 40 miles of the Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
To see if you are eligible to participate in this research study, your child will participate in a screening appointment, which consists of several standardized assessments. The screening appointment will take about 2 hours to complete. This screening will include speech and language assessments and an Autism screening.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in this study please complete the survey at this link.
If you are eligible to participate, you will be randomly assigned to either a treatment or control group.
This project is funded by the The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
Click on the image below for a downloadable PDF of the flyer.